We love this project that Ann Weaver put together for us and know you will too.
Originally designed for String Theory’s 2018 Mad Science club, Sagittarius A is a circular shawl inspired by black holes. The center is simple Stockinette stitch in the round, and the wedges on the outside are shaped using short rows. The entire shawl is knit–the short row sections are in garter stitch. No purling required! Once you get into the rhythm, it makes a great travel project.
Ann worked with Three Irish Girls (dyers of the most wonderful yarn) to come up with some spectacular color combinations. This one is the most celestial and will add a great pop to any outfit!
Each kit contains:
- 2 skeins of Three Irish Girls Adorn Luxe (fingering weight: 85% Superwash Merino, 15% nylon)
- 2 skeins of Three Irish Girls Shannon(fingering weigh:t 63% Silk, 23% Mohair,14% Nylon) – it sparkles!
You will also need
- Size 5 (3.75mm) circular needles: 16 inches, 24 inches, and at least 32 inches long or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size 5 (3.75mm) double-pointed needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- 3 removable stitch markers, one in a different color to mark the beginning of the round
The pattern can be purchased separately through Ravelry – click here