Join us for Marie’s mind-blowing sweater finishing class – you will learn her unique, renegade finishing techniques that you’ll not see anywhere else. You will never dread sweater finishing again!
• Marie’s formula for button band stitches
• An untraditional approach to picking up stitches (with incredible results)
• Three techniques for getting a better neckline on your sweaters
• How finishing can change the fit (for the better, or the worse)
• Why finishing starts when you cast on
Skill Level: Advanced beginner (must have some sweater knitting experience)
• Worsted weight yarn in a medium to light color (no slubs, no thick and thin yarn)
• Worsted weight yarn in a contrasting color, not too dark (to be used in class)
• US Size 7 knitting needle (24”) – sharp tips
• US Size 5 knitting needle (24”) – sharp tips
• Size E crochet hook (pointier/contoured tip is helpful)
• Please complete homework listed below and bring to class
• Bring your knitting notions bag (scissors, measuring tape, darning needle, etc…)
With size 7 needles and worsted weight yarn in med/light color (indicated above) cast on 7 stitches using cable cast-on method.
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Purl
Rep rows 1 and 2 once more.
Row 5: Use cable cast-on method to cast on 3 st knit-wise at the start of this row, knit to end (including newly cast-on stitches)
Row 6: Purl
Rep rows 5 and 6 two more times.
Next row: Use cable cast-on method to cast on 9 stitches knit-wise at the start of this row, knit to end (including newly cast-on stitches) = 25 stitches
Next row: Purl
Work three inches in stockinette and bind off.